Driving schools: The importance of an online presence
Published: November 2015
If you run your own driving school, you need to make sure that potential customers can easily find your business.
Having a professional looking website is the first step of having an online presence. This is where your customers land after searching about you on a search engine.
How do you make sure customers pick your driving school?
Your website needs to be user friendly, attractive, informative, intuitive and at the same time functional for your driving school.
We have picked some of the most important features required to make your driving school website a hit:
Search Engine Optimization
Millions of potential customers run local searches for driving schools. If your website is not optimized correctly for such searches, you may miss out on hundreds of queries and lose potential business.
The content management system (CMS) that you use for your website plays a big role in SEO friendliness. WordPress websites are considered the best CMS for picking up search engines’ attention.
Responsive web design
Your website must be accessible for all of your target audience. Responsive web design allows your website to adapt when viewed on smart phones, tablets, laptops and other desktop devices. If your site is mobile-friendly, not only will you retain existing customers but potential new customers are more likely to engage with you.
Social media integration
Social media networks help you interact with your target audience. Every post you make on a social media platform is an opportunity for customers to convert.
By engaging with your audience on social media website it makes you easier and more accessible for new customers, and makes you more familiar and recognizable for existing customers.
Integrating social media into your website gives you more opportunities for your customers to interact with you, and help promote your business.
Make your website different from your competitors. Here are some features that your website could include to help you stand out from the crowd:
- An online booking calendar where instructors and customers can organise and book their own lessons
- A messaging system so instructors and customers can communicate with each other
- Booking forms allowing pupils to request their theory and practical tests online
- Tutorial videos for pupils to watch and perfect driving techniques
- Report cards where instructors can rate customers’ progress, and the ability to share it via social media
- A real time travel distance calculator which measures the distance between drop off and pickup points, giving instructors the ability to utilise their free time as efficiently as possible.
Check out the work we carried out moving Pass’N’Go’s driving school business online.
Your website is more important for your driving school than it’s ever been. Following our useful tips can give you an edge over your competitors. Make your site different from the rest. Make it easy for customers to choose you.