Why Ongoing Support Is Vital for Your Website
User Engagement and Return on Investment
It’s a common misconception that well-performing websites have been designed and built, then left alone to run on their own. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Websites need ongoing support to get the best results. Building a website is only the start of a journey. It’s also important to engage with site users regularly, keep improving user experience (UX) and stay on top of search engine optimisation (SEO). In this blog post, we’ll take a look at why ongoing support is vital for your website.
User Engagement is Key
Blog posts are a great way to generate traffic and engage with your audience, but they don’t last forever. To keep your website fresh and provide users with the best experience possible, you need ongoing support. Ongoing support means updating content regularly whether that’s fixing broken links or creating new blog posts. This means continual improvements to the site. Increasing user engagement and providing a consistently good user experience (UX) are the most important ways of helping you meet your online business goals.
Saving Time, Reducing Costs
Managing a website so that it remains effective is complex and time-consuming. Investing in ongoing website support means that you can spend your time focusing on what you do best, while we use our time and experience to make sure that your site is always running well. That saves time and valuable resources – both good news!
Improvements Using Data Analysis
Part of the ongoing support we provide involves monitoring how your users engage with your web content. This includes analysing which pages are generating the most interest, what content is converting to leads or sales and the pages that users spend more or less time on. This means that we can make adjustments to content, design and overall UX as necessary.
Keeping up with SEO Trends Ensures You’re Visible to the Right Audience
We also provide ongoing SEO support for your website, making sure it’s up-to-date with the latest developments in search engine algorithms and performing well in the rankings. This ensures that your web pages continue to be found by prospective customers when they’re looking for a product or service just like yours.
Future-Proofing in a Fast-Moving Online Environment
Future-proofing your website isn’t just about building it with today’s technology, publishing it and leaving it as it is. It’s about making adjustments and updates regularly so that your results improve year on year – even month by month… development in all aspects of website design and functionality moves incredibly quickly.
9 Reasons Why Ongoing Support is so Important
- Good content is important, but if your website doesn’t look good or function well it won’t get you the results you need
- Ongoing support will help you make sure that your website is up-to-date and running smoothly
- Ongoing support ensures that any changes to the Google algorithm and technology developments are taken into account so your site stays up-to-date with new features and improvements
- Ongoing support helps you stay on top of social media trends so you can use them for marketing purposes
- Ongoing support means working with someone who understands what’s happening in the industry and keeps up with new developments
- If things go wrong, and they occasionally will, ongoing support means there’s someone available to fix them quickly without too much hassle or downtime
- The cost of ongoing support is quickly offset by your long-term return on investment
- Your site’s performance, your security and maintaining effective user security are important aspects that need constant attention
- As your business grows, your website can grow alongside it.
Let’s Talk about Moving Forward
If maintaining an effective online presence is important to you – and it most certainly should be – let’s talk about how Urban River can help your business to keep growing. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 423 5688.